Monday, September 25, 2006

A second of labored breathing...

Thursday, September 21, 2006


I'm okay, I'm okay. (Dan pulls out a needle-less injector, and gives himself a shot of some kind of painkiller to his neck. The injector makes a quick hiss, and Dan closes his eyes and shakes himself out of it). I feel somewhat better.

I'm too lonely for my own good. I sometimes just want to hang out with a guy who is not so... tainted. I don't want the person that is like every other person out there. Is being unique such a horrible thing? I am tired of the fakeness and luster lacking shells of men that I have met lately. Here is an idea, if you don't have the same feelings on an issue, just say so. Seems like a logical idea to me, instead guys agree with me. Why? Do they want to impress me? Do they think it will help the conversation flow? No it is because they are feeble, insecure and full of self-doubt. This is not a quality that I want in a life partner, business partner, or friend.

Luckily I am blessed with people in all those positions in my life who offer full support and I appreciate them very much.

I enjoy conversation that is challenging and where I can compare my opinions with others. This is a reason that I think I enjoy talking with somebody like Ian Thomas, every time I talk with him I am thinking, learning, and having an enjoyable time. Ian and I aren't even close, he is somebody I would hang out with if the opportunity arises but we are far from best friends. None the less this is the type of person that I respect. My two best friends Johnjohn and Ken are both these types of people. Not only can we have great challenging conversations but they will actually say, "I think you are wrong" whether it is my opinion or an action of mine. Where is that type of brutal honesty?

Anybody else finding this happen to them?

No comments: